More basic instructions for using Raspberry Pi as AngleBox

I’ve read the instructions you provide, but I have no Unix experience and would appreciate more detailed step-by-step instructions, something really basic.

Hi, can you share with me the step where you got lost while creating your own AngelBox? The easiest way is to use the prepared SD card images, the are only a few steps where you need to use the command line, otherwise it should be fairly straight forward:

Frankly, I don’t even know where to begin. Here is the screen image I get from my Raspberry Pi. Scroll down to the very end.

Mel

(Attachment My Raspberry Pi screen image.html is missing)

Thanks for the info, the screenshot just isn’t being displayed for some reason. Can you please try posting it one more time?

883A8BF1-1ED5-43C7-9BAA-1CF8F0228FD9.JPG

Paul,

Here is the screenshot.

Mel

Thanks. This appears to be a Windows 10 IoT image loaded in your RPi. You need to use the complete image from our github page to get everything working, we’re using Debian and, unfortunately, we don’t have any client for windows.

I am not sure how it works with Win10 IoT license, but it may be better to simply get a new SD card (8GB is enough for this purpose) so that you can use this SD card and have something to go back to in case something goes wrong.

Download the latest image from here: https://github.com/angelcam/arrow-client/releases (the rpi version).

If you don’t want to work with console that much, you can use Win32diskimager to clone that image to your SD card. You need to do this via a SD card reader from your desktop computer.

Once this is done, you will insert the SD card into your RPi, connect it to your network, connect it to the power adapter and wait for it to boot

Then you will find its IP address and then access it via SSH (port 22) using Putty.

You will then need to execute just a few commands to expand the filesystem and that will be it.

If you get stuck at any point, feel free to post a screenshot here and I’ll try to guide you through.