Pi/arrow not working via SSH?

Just discovered this; exactly what I need, but wasn’t able to get it working for a Hackathon over the weekend.

When I SSH to the device and try to login with the pi/arrow account in the doccumentation, it doesn’t accept the password…

I’m going to redownload, reflash with Etcher, and try again, but any other ideas? Would really like to get this running asap.

Hi @Chad_Gainor ,

if you purchased your AngelBox directly from Angelcam, the SSH is disabled (for security reasons).

You can re-enable it yourself. You’ll need to connect a display and a keyboard to your device and enable SSH using raspi-config (see https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/remote-access/ssh/).

Alternatively, you can create a symbolic link on the SD card (you’ll need a Linux machine to do it):

ln -s /lib/systemd/system/sshd.service /path/to/the/sd/card/etc/systemd/system/sshd.service

If none of this helps, please let me know the type and the version of your device (e.g. Raspberry Pi 3B+) and put here a link to the image that you flashed to your SD card (or describe how exactly you made your AngelBox). I’ll try to re-create the problem.

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve got a Pi 4 2GB, and I followed the guide here https://github.com/angelcam/arrow-client/wiki/Turning-your-ARM-device-into-AngelBox

Used this image - angel-box-rpi-2020-02-11.img.zip

I’ll check the image tomorrow and let you know. BTW is the SSH service active in your case? Do you see the password prompt when connecting to the device? Something like:

pi@hostname's password:

If so, try using “raspberry” as the password. It’s possible that we forgot to change the Raspbian’s default password after switching to the latest version of Raspbian.

Hello again @Chad_Gainor,

I’ve tested it today. I flashed the same image that you mentioned (i.e. angel-box-rpi-2020-02-11.img.zip) using etcher. The SSH was working out of the box and I was able to log in into the device using pi/arrow without any problems.

The only potential issue that comes to my mind is a problem with your SSH client. Theoretically, it may be messing with your password for some reason but, frankly, I’ve never heard of an issue like that.