Ouch playback error

Hi everyone, this is my first post.
I recently configured an angelbox on a raspberry pi and went through the complete installation process described online. After configuring raspberry and network, I went to my.angelcam.com to add my cameras.I click connect new camera, select DIY and paste the mac address of my RPI. Angelbox detects my 2 cameras and request for the user name and password. After typing both, and clicking detect camera, a black screens comes up showing an error message saying Ouch playback error. Anyone facing the same issue? any possible fix?

Hello Francisco. There can be a number of reasons for this. First, ‘Ouch…’ means that Angelcam isn’t receiving the stream from your camera. It can happen if your internet isn’t solid enough, or fast enough. You can try adjusting the Bit Rate of your camera to around 3000mbps. Next, check to make sure that you are streaming the correct format from you camera. (H.264). Then, there’s the type of data stream, such as RTSP. Once you get your camera on the same page with Anglecam, then you should be in good shape.

1 Like

That’s correct, the stream configuration is the key here. If you have a h265 camera, the encoding setting is very likely the issue. Set it to h264 and you should be good.

Paul